Sunday, January 08, 2006

I would like to have an Orgasm very much

Beauty experts are united once more (which - by the way - rarely happens). They claim that this season blush is essential for any woman's cheeks. No more flawless coverage of the foundation. This season colour's the measure of everything.

Now, the aforementioned beauty experts also claim that there is a blush that suits all women regardless of their hair/skin colour. This is a certain NARS blush, conveniently called: Orgasm. I have little experience in using a blush so I don't want to buy something that won't work. I decided to trust the "experts" and have it my way with the NARS product. I checked Nama, Maxi and Mueller in Ljubljana and none of these carry NARS products. I have yet to check Limoni and Douglas, but I don't think they carry this brand, either.

But for a moment, let's just imagine that one of the department stores does carry NARS. Imagine what my conversation with the saleswoman might be like:

- Hello. I'm looking for a quality blush. I don't really have experience with it so I want to buy something that'll really work, even for beginners.
- Oh, yes, of course. (Eyes shining, because she knows she's earning...) We have very fine products by Dior, Givency, Lauder, Lancome, NARS...
- I've heard some very positive things about NARS blushes... (sales lady gets the hint and smiles with sparkling eyes)
- Here, look at these samples (takes the testers from the shelf). Do you have any colour preferences? We have some very nice hues like Lovejoy, Mata Hari, Deep Throat, Desire, Outlaw... (she goes on to name the 22 different shades NARS blushes come in... which is every shade, apart from one...)
- Isn't there another shade... I can't really remember its name...but... (hopeful that the sales lady will get my hint)
- I'm not sure I know what you mean (evil smile playing around her lips while she tries to be utmostly polite)
- I mean (giving up all hope that she'll say it) isn't there a shade called ... (in barely more than a whisper) Orgasm?
- (Faking surprize, mixed with politeness) Oh, that one... yes, there is. It's rather a favourite among our customers. (Triumphant smile)
- Yeees. I'll have that then.
- That's $25.
(we handle the transaction)
- Goodbye and have fun with that one!

Since I'm quite sure that none of the Slovenian beauty shops carry this brand, I won't be having conversations like this. But neither will I have a blush. Having checked out their web site, I already like many of the NARS products. And if the above conversation wasn't enough to convince you, try to imagine shopping for Lip Pencil in Sex Machine, Eye Shadow in Notorious or Sugarbaby and Lip gloss in Hustler or Triple X.

Boyfriend has a credit card and if in despair I still wanted to buy a certain product, just imagine me say: Honey, I want an Orgasm.

posted by Nadezhda | 10:18


0 Comments:




[ Post a Comment ]