Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Crazy drivers?

Last night my boyfriend and I were meaning to go to a concert. My best friend plays the violin in an (unprofessional) orchestra and they had a Christmas/New Year's concert. Unfortunately, we never got there. About 100 metres from where I live, we had a car accident.

It wasn't our fault, though. Some young driver was turning right (into a smaller street where our car was), but had evidently too much speed, because he never got to turn around the corner - instead he frontally crashed into our car. Admittedly, the road was beginning to freeze, but had he been more careful and lowered his speed more while turning, he would never have crashed into our car. Luckily, no one was hurt - there was little material damage - mainly due to the fact that our car was completely stationary at the time of the accident.

I am a very careful (should I say good as well?) driver, but every time I sit into a car to drive, I am terrified at the prospect of driving. Terrified that I might have an accident and even more terrified of the fact that I might (regardless of my carefulness) cause it. The last place where I want to die is in a car, as a victim of a completely careless, crazy driver who thinks (and acts) as though the road is his alone.

posted by Nadezhda | 14:44


0 Comments:




[ Post a Comment ]