Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Anne Niemick coming to stay?

I ran 6 kilometres today, which felt great. The accomplishment in itself - having actually run this distance for the first time in my life. And it doesn't really mean this much solely cause of the distance - obviously I knew I could run 6 kilometres, having previously regularly run 5 kilometres in one go. There was no need to prove to myself that I could - I already knew I could. The achievement means something because I kept going. There was this tiny voice in my head saying "You've done enough, just stop... you know you can - there's no need to prove it today... why are you pushing yourself farther - isn't 5 kilometres already good enough for you? Go home and relax."

And perhaps, just very perhaps, I should have gone home. There seems to be something wrong with my body, but I can't yet tell what it is. I went to my doctor today and had to give blood and urine samples. I suspect urine might turn out to have too high a concentration of bilirubin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilirubin) in it - something I discovered half a year ago but did nothing about it (and only heaven knows why I didn't!).

The other possible cause is that I'm anaemick (Anne Niemick) - I might have microcytic anaemia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anemia), caused by low iron levels in my blood. I've been running for quite a while now and I still have difficulties running uphill and keeping up with the pace of the group. My pulse was very high yesterday (after having walked uphill and then run for some time) - it was still about 170 when I stopped and just walked on flat surface. I didn't feel exhausted and could rationally see that there was no way running that slowly could have such an effect on me.

I only hope tommorrow's appointment at doctor will bring glad tidings to me.

posted by Nadezhda | 13:42


0 Comments:




[ Post a Comment ]