Thursday, September 29, 2005

My grandfather

Died today. I can't say it was a surprise, because he spent the last two years in hospitals. There have been many times when we were prepared for the worst, but he always recovered. He died in the hospital, suposedly because of sepsis. Last week he almost got a permission to go home, but then his fever worsened and he was kept there.

Even though we were never very close, even though he was seriously ill and death is a part of illness, I feel empty. I never really considered he could die now. Now, when we thought that the worst is over. I feel empty and sad and I never thought I would.

Anyway, I have a list of errands to do. The heart will adjust to this loss. It always does in the end.

posted by Nadezhda | 12:03


1 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY Grandfather died today, 11-12-05. He was 90, I am 47. I was close to him. He lived a full and usually happy life. I feel empty and sad and will miss him, but he suffers no more and my Grandmother said, "well, at least he can hear me now when I talk to him". :}




[ Post a Comment ]