Sunday, September 18, 2005

Shop 'till you drop?

It's no secret that a lot of women find shopping enjoyable. Many even claim it's their most effective anti-stress programme. They go shopping for clothes, make-up or fashion accessories. While I won't deny I like shopping, it's important to note that I most enjoy shopping for stationery products. I am picky about the erasers I use and pencils. I like fountain pens and just fawn bookmarks. I was drawn to write this blog entry because of a blog I recently discovered: http://www.pencilrevolution.com/ . I like this blog and can perhaps relate. I will only buy certain stationery products again if I liked them the first time. And it hardly needs mentioning that I like pens. I sometimes write stories and though it might seem oldfashioned I do it in pen. I would only use computer to write the final version of the story. Now - if I were on unlimited budget I think it is very likely I would buy half of Levenger. I like their bookmarks (my favourites being Book Bungees and Page Points) and I could definitely do with a slanted writing/reading surface. I find their Laplanders a wonderful invention, which I would use to work in bed. But as already mentioned I am on a limited budget and they are rather expensive.

I like Faber Castell's three-sided pencils and have only recently discovered Maped's Dust Free Eraser, which I find superior to any eraser I have used to date.

With pens my taste varies - at times I might prefer pens with a bigger diameter, then switch to the ones with a very small diameter. And finally just buy a whole stock of three-sided pens. I generally favour liquid ink roller pens except with Stabilo's fineliners which come in a variety of colours, last a long time and are rather cheap. Plus, they produce a fine (0,4 mm thick) line and dry quickly. (Really suitable for writing comments in book margins.) Which is exactly what I'd like to see in a text marker. My dream is to have a text marker which dries instantly and still produces vivid colours that don't fade away.

I've been using Parker fountain pens for quite a time now (I'm on my third one) and have recently bought a Pilot Vortex fountain pen, which has a finer tip. That's why the latter is better adjusted to drawing mind maps and the former to writing plain text.

(Just for the record - I could go on about my preferences.)

If I don't finish med school I might as well start selling stationery products. Because - just trust me - I know much more about this than the ladies behind the counter.

posted by Nadezhda | 22:33


0 Comments:




[ Post a Comment ]