Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pro versatility, pro choice

I've been sitting glued to my chair for an hour reading about the gooey mess that has been spreading in Slovenian blogging community for the last few days. I'm not going to link anything, because frankly (and please forgive the crude and rude imagery) when the shit hits the fan I don't want to be anywhere near. Although, admittedly the safest place is right under the fan itself. And that's part of the problem.

But in a nutshell: a person considers that (s)he is experienced and worldly-wise enough to be able to stand up and once and for all (in a loud voice) tell the good from the bad. And from that high and all-knowing position, this person considers him-/herself capable and (apparently) called for just such a task. This person considers his/her views to be correct and acceptable, whereas views of other people (should they differ from this person's views) are just plainly wrong.

Now - because I think Mahatma Ghandi had a few very good ideas, let me quote one of his better ones. Be the change you want to see in the world.

And from that follows I'm going to be the change I want to see in Slovenian blogosphere. So here I openly and warmly welcome to my blog people of different beliefs, different views, different ethnicity, different sexual orientation, career-driven women, who don't want to have children and men who do the dishes every day so their women can sit down and read Vogue. Welcome! I appreciate you just as you are, because the world would be a much duller place if everyone had children and thought that made you special or better in any way.

I think a few blog changes are in order... :)

Labels: ,

posted by Nadezhda | 14:18


0 Comments:




[ Post a Comment ]