Friday, February 02, 2007

The new Harry Potter (update)


is due to be released on 21st July 2007.

Guess what just made my day. :)
Or even more - dare guess where I'll be on the said day. :)

Update: yesterday I was extremely fortunate and came upon the news of the release fairly early. I was completely beside myself (shouting yippie ana yay which made boyfriend doubt in my sanity, not to speak of maturity) and today I still have problems being a believer. It's just that when in late December we only found out the title of the book (Deathly Hallows) instead of the publication date added to the fact that the fifth film is going to be released on 13th July 2007, I was doubtful, that the book will be published in the same Summer. I thought maybe Rowling needs more time to write the book, which I really need to be super good and explain all the backstory plus effectively bring the saga to the end. And if Rowling needed more time to polish it, then it would be fine by me. I'd rather have the book in my hands a year later than be disappointed with the end result. (Here's hoping I won't be!)

But now - what a surprise! At least this year it won't be difficult to get me a birthday present I really, really like. But, as we now know what to expect - and when, brace yourself for a few "I predict" HP themed posts - my debt to Simon and Lilit goes a long, long way back.

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 09:15


4 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t! ;)

(good to see you're not so busy anymore - and that the inspiration is back, if only partially :) )


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Oh, dear, I should be busy as hell. I only choose to clean out the closet, dust the book-shelves, take out the trash and walk the imaginary dog before I do any serious work. And hey, if I can also write the blog to procrastinate a little longer - why not! :)
P.S. Do you still need the small euro wallet? Mine's still up for grabs, in case it would suit you.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still need it :) (see you on the 15th/16th?)

We all need imaginary dogs sometimes :D.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Yeah, see you. Probably on 15th, but will confirm with you when I have my new schedule. And will show you the euro wallet then.

I thought about writing "I walk the dog" but then this section would probably be flooded with comments why I never mentioned I had a dog before. Thus it became an imaginary one.




[ Post a Comment ]