Monday, April 02, 2007

Starting from scratch - again

Sometimes I look back at happy times in my life and think that at certain times I really had everything I could wish for. Then - inevitably - comes a time, when my life seems to be falling to pieces, when just trying to keep the pieces together seems to demand excessive effort on my part. This is how I felt for the last six months.

It's not that the wheels weren't moving forward - it's that they seemed not to be going in the desired direction - and I lacked the energy to push them in the right direction. But luckily, by now I have learnt to embrace failing to do as I should and not to fuss (too much) about it. Because that is just wasted energy.

And yet, the time has come, when I feel I must intervene, take active control of my life and get back on track. There are several things I want to accomplish.

1. Wake up early to reap the benefits of a long day. Make a plan of what I intend to do today.
2. Get moving. Start jogging four times a week.
3. Stop procrastinating with regard to studying.
4. Do pilates/stretching/abs toning exercises for half an hour each other day.
5. Find the time to read books and write blog each week.
6. Start working on the research.

I'll report about my success here. I find this a very effective way, because I'll feel guilty if I don't have anything to write about.

Labels: ,

posted by Nadezhda | 14:08


7 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll make sure to scold you if you don't. ;-)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree, I think this is a good way of keeping to your plan! Good luck!


Blogger ambala said...

Sweety, the day still only has 24 hours...

But true. What i find inportant is discipline and organization. I have none of them... perhaps a good and inspirational plan for me too!


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Tina, thanks!

Mitja - how convinient that I know you - thus I don't have to pay ridiculously huge amounts of money to a stranger. But it's also another reason to keep to my plan.

Ambala - one of life's biggest diappointments for me (so far) is that there are only 24 hours in a day.


Blogger Unknown said...

Really good plan. I should implement it into my own life as well... but I think it is way too optimistic for my case *lol*


Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is funny, as in interesting, how a day - almost devoid of others actions but ours - can be threaded differently by what we do at its beginning, or if we stay up really late, or get drunk with some thing. Then we feel it could be much better, had we only done this, hadn't done that, for we know better days and how they happen.

You inspire me with the list of resolutions, although whether regular blogging makes one feel more happy and true, I have my doubts. Exercise seems important, and it could feel good too, and just think of all the poor souls with some disabilities who can't exercise but would very much like to. Happy setting-out.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Clumsy - thanks, but only now I realised I forgot to include some very important things into the plan. Will update soon!

Trebor - glad to see you back! It wasn't my intention to say that regular blogging makes one happier. I wanted to point out that by having to report (to your readers) about the progress you've made with your plan, you immediately have another motive for sticking to the plan and actually getting about to doing it.




[ Post a Comment ]