Saturday, October 28, 2006

Films I'm going to see this Autumn

Went to buy tickets for Liffe yesterday and was a little disappointed. I had hoped they would at least bring The Queen to Ljubljana, not to speak of Marie Antoinette, but was very much mistaken. As it is now, I'm going to see Volver, Babel and A Prairie Home Companion. And I'm going to see An Inconvenient Truth at the cinema in a few days' time.

At least that's something... even though I've been longing to see The Queen. Should have seen it while I was in London - serves me right for being such a tight-fisted person so as to deem the cinema tickets there too expensive!

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 11:09


5 Comments:


Blogger Bo said...

Hey, we have two out of three films in common: Volver and A Prairie Home Companion.

I am looking much forward to seeing these films, while my biggest anticipation is for: Thank You for Smoking and Fehér tenyér (White Hands).


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have yet to go through the whole program (such a chore!), but of the movies I have checked so far, none seem terribly appealing.


Blogger Bo said...

Mitja,

Au contraire, I find many more appealing films than in the past years.

As I remember, you are Dr. Gams' apprentice. Gwoemul (2006) for you.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Bo&Mitja: I have high hopes for Babel. Hate Brad Pitt, but love Cate and thus hope it won't be a disappointment. The programme is certainly expanding year after year, but I don't think it's becoming better in any other way. No, I'm not a film critic and have very little clue about the art of film-making; I'm quite underfed on the subject of famous/good film-makers, but from what I've read, there's not much in the programme that would appeal to me (apart from the films I'm going to see).


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what I should see Gwoemul as Matjaz's apprentice, but I'm going to anyway.




[ Post a Comment ]