Thursday, February 01, 2007

Changes

My dearest readers - and those shy people, lurking in the shadows - there will be changes around here. The first and probably the biggest change that I was very reluctant to make even a while ago, but now seems imminent - is that this blog will be henceforth bilingual. The majority of the posts will remain in English, but certain posts will be in Slovenian. The reason for this is that some of the books I read are Slovenian - and either haven't been translated to English or the translation is very hard to get. And reading a book in Slovenian and then having to find an English translation so that I can write about it on the blog and use translation-appropriate names and quotes is a lot of uneeded work. And work I don't (want to) have (to find) time for.

I do plan on writing the majority of posts in English still. That's the point of it - that I get to practice my English. But where it isn't possible or feasible, I hope you'll understand.

P.S. Regarding the lack of posts in the last month or so. I'm busy, but not as much as before. I could have found the time to blog, only I didn't know what to write about. (If there's a topic you'd like me to write about, please, put it in the comments.) But I think the inspiration's back. At least partially.

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 16:17


3 Comments:


Blogger Tina said...

Hi Nadezhda, I'd still be happy to hear about the way you choose the books you read. You once said that you planned to write a post about it the next day. But then I suppose you either forgot (no problem, it happens) or maybe you wrote it together with some comments I didn't find or you wouldn't like to write about this (which is also fine, it is your blog after all :)).

It would also be nice to hear about your studies and studies of Medicine in Ljubljana in general. And what do you think about 5-year medical programme in Great Britain. Do you think it can be comparable to Slovenian 7-year system?

By the way, thanks for posting a lot recently!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the US it is 5 years too why the extra two years here? I guess we'll have to learn to read Slovene then if you will be writing in two languages, I need to learn more myself, perhaps reading simple blogs in Slovene will help some.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Tina - I am so very sorry. I completely forgot about that. I'll certainly try to post something tomorrow. And, in Slovenia med school takes 6 years. I would be a bit reluctant on giving any actual comments on the British system, since I have never heard of it or been a part of it.

There have been many wishes for me to write more about med school, but I find such (rather vague) questions difficult to answer. Could you be more specific in what you want to know with regards to medical school? Thanks a lot!

Justin - for the present I only plan on posting certain very few reviews of Slovenian books in Slovene. So you won't be missing much and what you will be missing will be limited to the books you probably aren't going to read just now because of the language barrier.




[ Post a Comment ]