Sunday, October 22, 2006

Films I'd like to see this Autumn


Volver - gotta love Almodovar (and Cruz in Almodovar's film),

Babel - mainly because I'm secretly in love with Cate Blanchett and because I like intertwining life-stories,

The Queen - superior in so many ways and Hellen Mirren as the most valuable of the film's assets,

An Inconvenient Truth - after the documentaries about Bush, fast food and killings in high-schools wormed their ways into (mainstream) cinemas, now it's finally the time to be shocked at what we're doing to ourselves,

The Departed - mainly on boyfrined's urging, but the cast is superior and I'd like to see what they've produced;

Marie Antoinette - even though the critics have torn it apart I'm still willing to see it, because I like Coppola's fresh take on a historical figure, and then I'll make up my mind;

The Prestige - I like the cast and am intrigued by the trailer.

Also, I hope The Golden Age is ready to be relased soon - I'm ecstatic just thinking about Cate Blanchett reprising her role. And this time, if the film's any good, she better get that Oscar she was so infamously deprived of in 1998!

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 12:43


4 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

On an inconvenient truth. What we are doing to ourselves is who we are. Why would we be shocked about that?


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not shocked, I suggest sad, we could be sad about our environmental impact. What can we do about that, if anything, however, is another story. Perhaps you have some fine suggestions. (I don't think "turning off the lights more often" is a fine suggestion.)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Borat - a much needed respite from mind numbing political correctness.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Tony - well, I am (as you put it) a bit sad about the damage to the environment. However, we obviously don't agree on the methods of perserving the environment, because I think every small step matters and you think that unless we make big steps, it's all worthless. I think it depends on your/my experinces in life, but I've often observed that when you consistently make small steps, you often find yourself having made a big change over the course of the years. But perhaps films like this one can finally convince people to make that big step...

And sorry for the late reply, but this week was really busy and I do need time off. Hope you can understand.

Owca - yes, I have a feeling my boyfriend will suggest us going to see this film before long... :)




[ Post a Comment ]