Friday, June 16, 2006

P.S.

What to do if you spent the day only half-conscious, because you slept only 4 hours, attended a dance class in freakishly humidly hot weather, which only went to exhaust you further, then studied for 5 hours, wrote (hopefully also passed WELL) an exam, went home in the middle of the rush hour (so it took you extra long and the bus driver wouldn't to wait for you either, so it only took longer), again in the humidly-hot-exhausting-energy-of-all-living-things-weather with flip flops which give you blisters (only three today, God was exceedingly good to me, but must not be bitter or sarcastic about it!), then ate the few remaining of the lunch on an achingly-empty-stomach and crawled to your room to study some more?

Which of course was prevented by a thought that I haven't yet checked my e-mail today (wouldn't hurt to miss a day, since the Inbox hardly ever changes, and what does change is the number of "increase your sexual desire" spam e-mails I get, which offer me an instant and a harder erection, not that I myself need one, but it doesn't stop those spammers!) and brother just had, had, had to have me watch an episode of South Park. Then I finally tried to study, but my eyes kept closing, my vision became more blurred by the second and yet I ploughed on. After and hour and a half, I admitted my defeat and took a 20-minute power nap, which almost saved my life. Then I successfully studied for yet an hour and a half. Then boyfriend came to pick me up and we went to his place, where I almost fell asleep twice and he even deliberated whether we should really go to sleep at 22.00 already (otherwise a preposterous suggestion!).

And now at half an hour over midnight, I feel as awake as a rabbit, my eyes fully open, my mind ready to engage in an adventure. Needless to say, I have to wake up at 6.30 tomorrow and boyfriend has been sleeping for almost an hour.

What do you expect of a nighthawk like me who usually wakes up at ten o'clock and goes to sleep at three in the morning, huh?

Go to bed, close your eyelids and pray for sleep.

posted by Nadezhda | 00:27


2 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try smoking weed, although I am not sure this is your pot of tee.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

You're right, it's not. :)

I should be an expert on "how to fall asleep when you should, even though you can't" because I often have problems falling asleep, but sadly, I am not. Maybe one day, some day...




[ Post a Comment ]