Thursday, June 15, 2006

Farewell to dance

Today was the last ballet class for me before the Summer break starts. It went well and I must admit I'm really happy with the pace of my progress. My extension to the left (right unfortunately still painful) is wonderfully high, my technique improved (although only in details), I feel more secure in pirouettes and I've managed to do quite a few fouettes (Italian style) lately. You might recall that this particular step was slightly problematic for me a while ago. And as for the teacher, her attitude improved immensely, she issued two or three corrections per class and was generally supportive. She paid attention to details, which is what I need, because mainly I've already mastered the "basic" technique.

Anyway, a three-month-long summer break awaits me. Not that I'm particularly glad it's that time of the year again, but it happens every year - and I survive every time, so I'll just have to bear it. Meanwhile, for the sake of trying to get better than you were a month ago:

Tasks/Chores/Details to work on/Time for general improvement:
1. Start the abdominals work-out - my core's really not quite as firm as I'd need and like it to be - have got top get in shape a.s.a.p.!
2. Work with therabands and pointes to improve the arch in the right foot.
3. Keep stretching twice a week to maintain and improve flexibility - it'd be a shame to lose what I gained, especially in turn out and extension.
4. Apply ice to the sore hamstring daily until the injury heals.
5. Buy new tights. :) (Old ones have so many runs and tears it has become increasingly embarassing to wear them.) Also, highly advisable: attach a new elastic to your leotard with
spaghetti straps as it is improper to reveal almost half of your bosom in grand port de bras.
6. Resume ballet classes in September.

posted by Nadezhda | 23:59


0 Comments:




[ Post a Comment ]