Thursday, June 01, 2006

It was time to update!

It shouldn't have escaped your notice that I've made some changes to the blog. I've updated the Blogs I Read section and as there were quite a few blogs, I divided them into categories. The division is rather crudely made (I hope there are no objections from your side), for which I apologize, but in my defence: am currently without any inspiration how to do it better.

The other addition is something you would never (and quite rightfully so) expect from me. I've added an e-mail address so you can write to me. Please bear in mind that this is not meant to be a substitute for commenting. The mail's only there for the faint-hearted, shy, silent lurkers, who have tons of ideas how to improve this blog, but never manage to pull their strength together and write a comment. I'm most welcoming of all ideas, criticism and (hopefully also) praise. And for certain someones: please, bear in mind that I will not reply to invitations "to talk things over a cup of tea", as I have bad experiences with meeting online "friends" in real life. (Sorry, but that's all I can say about that incident.)

And as for the reason for posting my contact information: a certain someone has (as of late) a grudge against me. I noticed this and asked the person to explain why he was angry at me. He said he can reply in an e-mail. Surely that was pure evil, because he knew how reluctant I was to share my e-mail. Then (curious what he blamed me for) I opened a new e-mail account and sent him an e-mail and he was so polite as not to reply to it for more than a week. He never even said he changed his mind about telling me what he blames me for.

This is internet. I write the words you read, but you might interpret them differently than how I mean them. Sometimes I also don't quite manage to explain things properly. I don't want the limitations of the medium to get between us. If you have a question, ask. And before you blame me for something I didn't mean the way you took it, could you at least have the decency to say you're offended? (So I could appologize?) Because skulking away and feeling sorry for yourself (and then waiting for me to ask you what's wrong) really isn't my preferred way of sorting things out.

posted by Nadezhda | 11:17


3 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever someone announces a redesign or reorganization of his blog, I feel bad because mine still uses the default theme and has an empty blogroll. And if I remember corretly, you mentioned getting a new theme as well - you're terrible. :-) But I suppose the content is more important and I barely find the time to write some of that.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Yes, I did mention a redesign as well. It will not be a new (Blogger) theme, since the design was made from scratch for me and we still need to figure out how to apply the design in such a way that Blogger will cooperate. Time's really not on our side this time as both of us - the redesigner and me are busy with our exams. So you should expect to see it in late June or July, (but I hate to give any more definite estimation).

I find your blog nice. If you don't feel it needs to be redesigned and organized, that's fine - just because everyone's doing it, it doesn't mean that you should, as well! :)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Hm... I noticed only now that Kisla Glista was missing from my blogroll. How that could happen with all my careful preparation, I don't know. Anyway, this grave error was fixed.




[ Post a Comment ]