Saturday, January 28, 2006

Give up? Never!

This year I have a subscription ticket for SNG Drama in Ljubljana (theatre). Unfortunately, I was unable to see one of the performances when it was scheduled. I called the box office and they were very kind, said it wasn't a problem at all and that next month I should check their programme and choose a performance when I could attend.

I called them in November, December and January. All sold out. I went to buy tickets for February, certain that by now everybody will have seen the performance, but no luck - they are already sold out again. That or the lady behind the counter fancies me and as she's realized I really want to see this performance, she has me coming back every month, asking if there is a spare seat, so I can finally see the performance.

P.S. Would anybody be willing to read my totally unprofessional reviews of Drama's performances?

posted by Nadezhda | 11:46


7 Comments:


Blogger ill-advised said...

P.S. Would anybody be willing to read my totally unprofessional reviews of Drama's performances?

Well, there's always Googlebot... :)

As for me, I read all your posts, so I'd probably read the theatre reviews as well. However, I know next to nothing about theatre, so I'm not exactly ideal target audience. For me, theatre reviews would be interesting primarily as a curiosity — as yet another example of some part of human experience that is utterly alien to me.


Blogger Bo said...

People working at the Drama counter are nice indeed.
Which is this unfortunate performance you are attending? Write about it.
I like the reviews in Delo by Mrs. Samobor.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to read them. I trust you. -Sandi


Blogger Nadezhda said...

ill-advised: I know, I know, the faithful Googlebot, who never fails me :)

Oh, I don't know anything much about theatre either... the reviews would go more along the lines of: "I liked it because..." and "I didn't particularly enjoy it, because..." I think these reviews would be a prime example of an ordinary person attending a performance and then reflecting upon it (and hardly anything more).

Bo- I missed Alamut. It's not that I really want to see it, rather, I want the get my money's worth. I've read Alamut several times, because I had to and I know a lot about it, so seeing the performance would be out of sheer curiosity; how they managed to squeeze 500 pages into two hours.

Sandi: thanks! It's always a pleasure to recive such nice comments. :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

how they managed to squeeze 500 pages into two hours.
Three consecutive years of Drama triology goodness ? :)
And yes I would like to read those reviews as well.

PS: It's not that only Googlebot reads your blog. Let's just say that quality of it's content limits the posibillity of random IRC-like chatter.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

"As for me, I read all your posts"

Ill-advised & ccfly: you might try to beat Googlebot at being the most faithful readers of my blog, but Googlebot also sends a fresh bouquet of flowers every Monday, so...try harder. ;)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, but if I start sending flowers to you, Sergio will kick my ass :)




[ Post a Comment ]