Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Beauty and the Geek, season 2



So, season two is up! This, in my humble opinion is one of the best reality shows. I don't normally watch them (I stole a glance or two at POP TV's Bar and found it immensly boring), but this is just too good to be left out. I care not if they eat slugs on the Survivor or if twenty gorgeous girls try to win the heart of a Bachelor (who always turns out to be the most repulsive man I've ever met) or if people who couldn't sing in tune even under threat of death try to make it as pop singers.

But here, oh boy! I can pretend to be shocked when the girls don't know John Kerry's name, when they don't know who wrote the Declaration of Independence and when they think 1941 was the year when "Columbus sailed the ocean blue".

I admire the guys and wish there was someone who cared to explain astrophysics to me while we waited for the sun to rise or taught me how to master the Rubic's cube or play speed chess. (Really; my hands start shaking and my knees become weak when I'm around geeks.)

Season two is better in a few respects: the guys are definitelly geekier. Season one's guys were ordinary smart men, but not real nerds (which is what the show promises to bring to you every week). Girls in the new season are much more competitive. While they still take care to get the usual 5 hour long sunbathing done every day, they are prepared to sleep less in order to master the tricky science of plugging colour-coded wires into the right plugs. Also we finally have someone who's willing to step over bodies to get the prize. And, incidentally, I don't buy Chris' "only kissed one girl so far" for one moment. With his "super competitiveness" I think he was counting the girls he'd kissed and charted his progress on a graph; at the same time making sure he had kissed more than any other guy he knew.

Also, what's with Cher? It just might turn out she's Chris' female counterpart. And don't you just love Josh who predicts a nuclear war to start the next day? Who strolls down the corridors and mutters to himself: "This is going to be a disaster, such a disaster... entering this show... big mistake...diaster, oh, no!" Tristin is a whiner and the less I see of her, the better, while Sarah finally brings some real female curves to the show - to the delight of men around the globe. Even boyfriend (and in MY presence! - imagine his tactlessness) groaned under his breath when she took the upper layer of her clothing off.

I'm a bit sorry to have witnessed Tyson go, because he really seemed willing to change and experience new situations, but that's what you get if your partner doesn't know what a hard drive is.

The best part of the show for me is LISTENING to the beauties, because oh my, they are beautiful. (Gaseous food, eh?) I take this as a further proof that beauty isn't everything and that brains are far more desirable to have than any amount of beauty. Even if that beauty comes in the shape and size of Sarah's breasts.

posted by Nadezhda | 12:35


3 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Really; my hands start shaking and my knees become weak when I'm around geeks."

Bloody hell, why do I never get to meet women like this? :-)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because you're a non-out-going type of geek ;)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

You're looking in the right places, though. I met all my geeks online. :)




[ Post a Comment ]