Monday, September 05, 2005

To comment a comment

It's happened at last and it's worse than I thought. Michael was the first one to post a comment.

Writing a blog gives you a false sense of security. Until somebody posts a comment. Before that, however, you can write at your own leisure, about anything, even the most embarrassing moments without having a feeling you're really exposing yourself. But you are. The words are there for anybody to read.

Still, if nobody comments, you have a sense of privacy. If you don't have a counter, you're not even aware if anybody actually visits your blog, let alone reads it. I had a fantasy (sort of) that I'd be typing away, writing endlessly and nobody would read it. At least I would have a feeling nobody reads it.

So I was surprised to see a comment (so soon) and had to actually gasp for air (I was in shock) because it turned out to be a positive one. To be honest, I didn't expect comments also because I don't think one is left with much to comment. Except perhaps for "Yes, you're right" or "This blog doesn't have a point" or "You're so verbose that you leave me lost for words".

I do not think my English is better or even comparable to professional translators'. But that does not mean I didn't appreciate the praise. I hadn't blushed so much in years - that's why it was worse than I thought it'd be.

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 13:57


0 Comments:




[ Post a Comment ]