Wednesday, September 07, 2005

To party or not to party?

I've never been much of a party animal. Correction: I'm an animal all right; I just don't go to parties.

I've never been able to discern what the point of going to parties is. All right - I know why people go there - to have fun, to relax. There might be several types of parties, but the two I've managed to attend in my lifetime comprised of binge drinking and wild dancing and I happen to be fond of neither.

It's true that I've taken dance classes for the most part of my life (I still do) and that dancing and articulating myself by those means isn't foreign to me. But I don't like to dance in public. I guess the reason for that is I've danced ballet for the longest time and you can easily comprehend how ill adapted ballet is - how little of that particular dancing knowledge can be used to your advantage at a party.

And secondly, I'm not a consumer of alcoholic beverages. I don't like the taste of ethanol and therefore hardly any of the "party drinks" appeal to me. I've continually been persuaded that I should try that or the other drink which doesn't taste at all of ethanol. I don't know about you, but to me very much everything tasted the same. And I have since given up drinking completely (not that I was a proud drinker anyway). Besides I really wouldn't want to wake up with a terrible hangover and be incapacitated for the whole of next day.


Then, there are further problems. Since I don't get drunk at a party and don't dance (I'd do as little as possible) I'm left with talking to people. Which proves difficult because of the fact that they're either drunk and don't make much sense or can hardly keep up with the conversation. Or the people would be dancing and wouldn't even be near me.

So I'm left with talking to myself about the wonderful time I'm having enjoying the party.

P.S. If anybody has a suggestion (on how I could spend the party without feeling it is an utter waste of time hanging there by myself) to make, please do. :)

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 10:59


2 Comments:


Blogger itn@ said...

We share 3 things: ballet in past, don't drink, don't like parties. Although I start to dance at parties, it is quite amusing. Anyway, “party” can be different; doing some sports or something else. Regular parties are for youngsters ;))


Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 - bring a book.
2 - take silly photos of people and then blackmail them
3 - declare yourself 2 cool for any party you get invitation to

ps
i hate parties too.




[ Post a Comment ]