Thursday, April 12, 2007

And such a plan it was!

You're probably wondering what has happened since that fateful day when I announced my intention and a need to reorganize my life.

The answer is: not much. I caught a nasty virus later that week and it's been an ongoing battle since then. First I thought it was only a bad case of hay fever, although I never used to have pulmonary symptoms. Then, when it was getting worse and worse, I started to fear I might have tuberculosis (hey, this is only the girl who also thought there was a likely chance she might flunk her Matura exam!) and then I began thinking it might be a relapse of asthma.

Yesterday things really went from bad to worse. I had a coughing fit (really no other word to describe it) lasting three quarters of an hour. I thought I'm about to cough my lungs out, piece by piece. I also skipped a concert, because I feared I would have to spend much of it in the lobby, coughing. I wasn't wrong. Last night I was waking by the hour because I couldn't breathe and was coughing constantly. So today I relented and went to see a doctor. (I usually want to heal naturally and I haven't taken any antibiotics in five years.) I received a bronchodilator and a corticosteroid, but for the time being I'm only taking inhalations of the first one. If I can, I'm going to avoid taking any corticosteroids.

My immune system is really weak and I'm not doing anything to improve the situation by sleeping as little as 2-4 hours during the week. So definitely, there's a need to strengthen the immune system by exercise. So I'm going for a walk later today, just so I get my backside out or I might do a bit of pilates and some crunches or sit-ups.

Labels: ,

posted by Nadezhda | 11:27


5 Comments:


Blogger Unknown said...

I'm stuck with a nasty cough as well. It's been going on for some days now, my lymphatic glands are swollen, my throat soars and it all began with a 2-day headache. Being the smart me, I went for a 2-hour bike ride during the weekend, and it certainly didn't do me any good.

I sleep more and fill myself with vitamins. And I hope I don't need to see the doctor.


Blogger uf said...

Yeah, I would suggest some rest would do much much better to your immunity than additional excercise :)

Btw today I met some girl that reminded me of you very much. But she's already specializing, while your studies aren't over yet, so I guess it wasn't you ;)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I could have sworn I replied earlier this week.

Anyway, the bad news: it now seems I've acquired a second bacterial infection. The good news: I'm not giving up. As far as medschool work goes, I've already started studying for exams, but at least I'm gone with tests and quizes.

Clumsy - I highly recommend drinking very hot tea - as hot as you can possibly handle. It always works for me.

Lilit - why did you think it could be me? (And no, it wasn't me. :)


Blogger uf said...

I don't know... she had similar eyes and similar lips to you, and some of her thinking reminded me of you... but, besides her years, I soon realized her eyes are darker and lips bigger ;)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Are you trying to suggest I have small eyes and lips? ;)




[ Post a Comment ]