Monday, September 18, 2006

Keep your fingers crossed...

...as I am keeping mine that everything runs as smoothly as possible in the next week and that by no means any terrorists of any sort are to be tempted by the Tube again. Bf (would have spelled out boyfriend, but have very little time at present) and I are going to London and are coming back next Monday.

I had plans to write two more reviews for the blog so as to keep you busy during my absence, but because I had to plan our outings for the whole week (and frankly, Lonely Planet London is the most illogically constructed book ever - not to speak of the maps!) and was slowly, but surely losing my mind, that couldn't be done.

Anyways - I will be planning my several-part series of posts on Harry Potter while travelling and once I'm back you should have plenty of HP themed posts here.

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 11:18


5 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't even imagine how much I agree with you on your comment about Lonely Planet London!! :) Besides, I think it is a bit too detailed for a one-week visitor, but I definetely recomment it for anyone planning to live in London.

If you still read this: buy the Oyster card for tube and bus. Many tourists think it is only for the residents. You can return it at the end of the week and get 3 pounds back.

Hope you'll have a great time in London. I'm not really looking forward of going there (but I have to go soon) - at the moment I am enjoying Slovenia as much as I can!!!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can imagine how I feel about you going to London: very very very jealous, indeed.

Have fun, enjoy it and return home safely :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if the exhibition still runs there, but Pixar - only the greatest computer animated studio on the whole planet - moved his "Celebrating 20 Years" to London Scientific Museum this summer. This would be my destination, did I visit London again. Forget all the gardens ... Visiting Ljubljana nearby "Iški Vindgar" is a lot more fun for the eyes, not to mention "Rakov Škocjan" ... Natural History Museum is grand also, and is it not cool that these museum have free entries? I guess that they make a lot of money just by selling souvenirs.

I also disliked some things there. London is awfully crowded, pretty expensive, very dirty - parks however are always neatly trimmed - and it seems like people there doesn't enjoy fresh bread and fruit, because it's hard to find any. London is not my kind of a town. I would probably pass out, should I live there for more than a month (and having supposed I was born in Ljubljana). As a tourist destination, it's wonderful. - P.S. And Tina, Tina must take her studies there? :) I would die!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Tina, notice the ":)" emoticon in the end of my last comment. Even though London I don't like particularly - I find it dirty -, I must say that it's the greatest studying environment I've ever experienced. I know this, because I experienced some and took some studies in London. It depends of course also on the quality of the school etc.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back! My, oh my - I think I've fallen in love. London has surpassed all my expectations! I hope to be able to post plently of (hopefully) in-depth posts here about the past week - starting tomorrow. :)




[ Post a Comment ]