Monday, September 04, 2006

Bridget is all you need

9.37 p.m. Have been v. busy today. Went to library and book-shop. Bought another copy of Bridget Jones and the Edge of Reason as donated my first copy to library last year in March and they still haven't put it on the shelves.

Determined never to donate books to library again as they just keep it to themselves. Spent the afternoon laughing my lungs out re-reading Bridget's adventures. This book is a must-have. Brightens any day and never gets boring.

Have not been in the mood for writing - thus my readership suffers from lack of interesting posts. Decide to improve. Have two posts half-ready to publish and half-a-dozen in the brewing. Also have to read three books by tomorrow afternoon as they're due (in the library) then.

But before that I'm going back to read just a couple more pages from Bridget. Or maybe a couple dozen more. No matter as long as having v. g. time.

P.S. Blog one year old (yippee!) which is v.g. as well.

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 21:34


4 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Bought another copy of Bridget Jones and the Edge of Reason as donated my first copy to library last year in March and they still haven't put it on the shelves. Determined never to donate books to library again as they just keep it to themselves.

Maybe they would reconsider doing such things again if you write down the name of the library.


Blogger Unknown said...

Well this post of yours certainly feels very "Bridget". It's obvious you're under the influence of the book :))


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Mitja - thank you! :)

Tina - I doubt it would help, but it was Knjižnica Bežigrad on Einspielerjeva street. I buy a few books and when I've read them a couple times and am sure I won't be re-reading them in a few months, I usually donate them to the library, thinking that maybe other people can read them in the mean time and I can still borrow the book when I wish to read it again. I thought it was a semi-noble cause and that I was helping the library in at least a bit, since I usually donated titles or editions they didn't have (why would I buy books which can be borrowed at the library?), but obviously they just entered the book into Cobiss and added the tag "no book available".

Proof: http://cobiss2.izum.si/scripts/cobiss?ukaz=DISP&id=1107427961698969&rec=3&sid=2
or else go here: http://cobiss2.izum.si/scripts/cobiss?id=1107427961698969&ukaz=BASE&bno=50241 and then click "vsi oddelki" and then search for Fielding (author) Bridget Jones (title) and english language. That was MY book. :)

It doesn't bother me that they didn't accept my book. It bothers me that they took it, thanked me for donating and then someone's personal library got expanded by my book. Or why else would it take a year and a half to put the book on the shelves?

Wonderwoman - that was my intention, true. :) I really love the book, as it always makes me feel better and is so lively and playful. Did you read it? (It is a must to read it in English!)




[ Post a Comment ]