Saturday, April 29, 2006

Do not interrupt - genius at work


There have been fewer posts lately and this is because of the fact that I'm extremely busy. The exam season is approaching and that is the most stressful part of the year for me. I'm going to pass an extremely important exam in June and I know all of you want me to succeed, so you will be able to face the fact that until that happy time, when I announce I passed the exam, there will at best be only weekly posts.

On top of trying to learn about 9 hours a day for that exam, I have lately (as a special addition to my already existing allergy to pollen) developed a nasty cough which could well signal a lung infection. What with that and writing an article for our medical magazine, participating in a research, going to ballet at least twice a week, trying to run twice a week, hiking Smarna gora with my boyfriend and spending some time with the aforementioned bf, time is scarce to write my blog. I will continue writing, though. But I want you to know why there's a sudden decrease in my posting frequency. I will do my best and try to post several shorter posts a week, but nothing is certain from this point on. I'd rather have a medical degree a few years down the line than have a perfect blog. I'm sure you're supportive.

Also, I have a question for you, dear readers and even dearer Googlebot. Do you know of anyone who would be looking to sublet an apartment for the summer (I guess that's late May to late August) and who would also allow pets, let me know in the comments section!

P.S. I've been looking into redesigning this blog, also. If you're sick and tired of the vomit-like background colour, raise your hand.

posted by Nadezhda | 12:38


4 Comments:


Blogger Bo said...

So you think that studying for real and getting degrees is that much important from updating and polishing a blog. Hm hm hm ...

But of course it is! Ten, fifty ... times more.
Right to the point.

However, your words are not common, an eye opener they are, you know that. I hope you won't go away for good. Don't give in, come back to the light of the blogosphere some day!

If you need any help with redesigning, moving ... a blog, do ask! There are multiple ways. A helping hand is always welcomed, ain't that so?


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been looking into redesigning this blog, also. If you're sick and tired of the vomit-like background colour, raise your hand.

Would have raised a hand were I not too preoccupied holding the toilet vomiting. In the future, please choose a less compelling colour scheme. ;)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Bo, I'm not going away. It just that I always have "you've written a blog post yet" at the back of my mind and I wanted to let you know, that next post might be in a week or two weeks, but for all I know it could be tomorrow. I'm trying to focus on studying, but since I'm doing several other things at the same time, it's difficult to regurarly update my blog, too. I'm not quitting my blog, just letting you know that there's no cause for concern. :)

I think I already have a new design ready, it just need a teeny tiny bit of fine-tuning. So, thanks for your offer, but I don't need any help anymore. :)

Owca - in the future, I'll choose a blue scheme. I hope it will be much less compelling to you. :)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Tess, I wrote a reply to you before, but it went into the nothingness of the internet and I don't know what I did wrong. :)

Anyway, to sum up quickly: I intend to keep my blog, certainly, as it's much more effective and yes a rant or a thorough purge here and there are always welcome.

The design question was to estimate whether anyone was particularly attached to the present design and I'm happy to see that there are none such people. The make-over was done by a friend of mine who really knows his stuff and I don't. The design's almost ready and if we figure how to make Blogger accept it as his second "body" should be up in a week or two. I'm certainly spending valuable time studying and rest assured that if I do study as intensively as I hope to, then I will need my downtime and it won't be spent blogging. I like to run or go hill-hiking (it's not really mountains...) with boyfriend... anything to get out of my study! :)

Thanks for support and advice, I appreciate it! :) Now I really better get down to business, ehm, studying.




[ Post a Comment ]