Saturday, August 04, 2007

Running like a pro (almost)

Went running again tonight and I did so much better than on Wednesday! Usually the first time is pure bliss, but the second time is a nightmare. Everything hurts, I can't seem to catch my breath, my breathing and moving is out of sync...

But today was a charm. A relative charm, since I'm still light years away from the form I used to be in. I did a grandma-style slow jog, but my average heart rate was 168 nevertheless. I believe that the heart will adjust given sufficient practice and time, as every time I stop running for a while the heart rate jumps back up to what it used to be.

Anyway, there's still a lot of coordination of the legs&breathing to do and it's not yet as much of an enjoyment as I remember it to be, but I (hope I) will persevere.

P.S. Now you can tell me what you think of my blog in a brand new poll. I used to think that embedding a poll in my template would be easier, but with a bit (OK, a load) of help from boyfriend, the thing now seems to work.

Labels: ,

posted by Nadezhda | 21:46


0 Comments:




[ Post a Comment ]