Thursday, June 14, 2007

Moving forward

Remember I told you about a research I was planning on doing? All the business concerning that came to a halt when I found out that my original mentor was a candidate for the post of Slovenian ombuds(wo)man. She went on to secure that title, which made me proud and I congratulated her warmly.

However, she seems to be very busy in her current job (and she is right to be, for I know her to be a very hardworking person) and the progress on my research has been zero to none.

Then I asked another professor of mine with whom I am in very good relations and she consented to be my mentor. I accidentally met her a few days ago and she promised to start working on the project now that she has a bit more time and we're probably meeting in a bit more than a week. Hooray! After almost a year, I'm finally setting to work. I'm excited.

Labels: ,

posted by Nadezhda | 20:23


4 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sincerely your research will turn out well. Don't forget to publish many important articles in journals with high impact factors along the way. :)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Marko - thanks! :) I do hope it will turn out well. I expect to have a bit more free time next (school) year and will be able to dedicate it to finally starting this research.

I do intend to publish articles, naturally. I'm not quite sure yet, but last year I was fully expecting to do a cohort study, but now that I had to change my main mentor and taking into account the fact that she spoke of Prešernova nagrada, I'm not quite sure whether it'll be a one year project with one article at the end or several years long project with an article every year.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were you, I would intentionaly take on something shorter. Something that seems feasible in a month (or three). It is hard for me to keep motivated if the goal seems far away, especially when you dive into something for the first time. During the study you will certainly learn things you don't know much about now and you get some better ideas for further research at the end.

But that's just me.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Marko, thanks for your input. I do appreciate it.

Currently it looks to be a year long project with the possibility of expanding it afterwards and making it a longitudinal study. But the focus (for now) is assesing the current state of "affairs".

I'm so glad to have this mentor - she's really helpful, motivated and supportive. Having a good mentor makes all the difference. And yes, I'm learning new stuff! I love that. Reading articles outside the mandatory lesson readings is so much fun.




[ Post a Comment ]