Thursday, November 03, 2005

Television

I don't watch TV much. Actually, I don't watch it at all. Mainly the reason is a boring programme - too many shows and films which just aren't interesting to me. I am not that much into series (for an explanation, see my entry on Desperate Housewives), either. I find television a waste of time. However, I like Discovery channel, but they repeat the same documentaries all over again and then I don't really want to waste time seeing something all over again.

But this comming week, the TV will be a temptation.
On Saturday, 5th November, there's Road to Perdition on POP TV at 21.40.
On Sunday, 6th November, there's Billy Elliot on POP TV at 20.00.
Also on Sunday, there's The Godfather on POP TV at 22.40.
And my favourite: on Wednesday, 9th November, Lost in Translation hits the television screens at 20.00 on TVS1.

Also, on 10th November the 16th annual Liffe, a film festival begins in Ljubljana.
I'll be watching films next week. And you?

posted by Nadezhda | 10:45


4 Comments:


Blogger ill-advised said...

What will I be watching? Dang, it's that pesky freedom of choice again! [Just kidding :)] I rarely go to the movies, and I also rarely watch TV on purpose, but I don't mind watching Discovery or National Geographic Channel if there happens to be something interesting on while I'm in the living room. I agree that they repeat their shows too much, and besides they often have large amounts of programmes that I'm simply completely uninterested in (e.g. endless series about crime investigations on Discovery). Besides, Discovery is sometimes a bit heavy on WW2 history -- no wonder that some people jokingly refer to it as the Hitler Channel. :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, let me congratulate you on telling "ill advised" what was coming to him over at slepocrevo.com. You go, girl! :-)

Lost in Translation is a bit overhyped in my book. There are nicer Euro movies with a similar theme, like Italian for Beginners and similar, but they weren't made by the daughter of one of the most influential directors in Hwood.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

crni - I haven't seen Italian for Beginners and see very little of European production in general, though I prefer European films to American (when I get the chance to see one :). There just isn't enough time... The movie undeniably got noticed more because it was signed by a Coppola, but I thought it was really decent because it showed that you can get far with a simple story, good actors and a good script. In my opinion it "taught" Hollywood you don't need to have big names and million dollars worth of stunts to make a good film. And by "my favourite" I didn't mean that Lost in Translation was my all-time favourite film, but rather that this one is the one I'll be watching. Having seen the Godfather saga more than three times and LiT only once, I think this one's where my TV time will be spent this week.

ill-advised: I agree on WW2. My brother encourages me to watch Discovery saying they have plenty of medical series and documentaries I might find interesting. But every Monday when I decide to watch Discovery they have some "never seen before - wonder operation" where they remove 50 kilograms of one's adipose tissue or a giant mole or an additional finger or something along these lines. Not really my piece of cake.


Blogger ill-advised said...

Ah, adipose tissue. I have long been acquainted with this masterpiece of the genre.




[ Post a Comment ]