Sunday, April 02, 2006

For all you know, I could be a bikini model

When I woke up yesterday I didn't even realize, which day it was. When The Glory of Carniola somehow turned into Natalija Verboten's official site and when Mugglenet announced the merging of Mugglenet and The Leaky Cauldron, I knew something was definitely going on.

Then I thought I could do something on my blog, too, but wasn't sure what you'd fall for. That I'm going to stop writing my blog? Naaah, too obvious. That I'm posting pictures of myself? More likely.


Note, however that some years ago I was indeed asked by a professional photographer to pose to him in my bikinis. Indignantly, I said no. When last year his name was linked to the notorious photographer Hvastja, who took nude photos of his proteges, I was thanking my instincts, sense, intuition, whatever that I did not start my modeling career with him.

In fact, there is no modeling career. I am a person who detests cameras and such forms of attention. When in my younger days the majority of my social interaction was limited to IRC, I never exchanged photos with other chatters. Even my then friend, now boyfriend (whom I met on IRC, if ever you wondered just how geeky I could get) had to beg me for several days before I would tell him who I was. So, if ever a person introduces to you online as Nadezhda and then goes on to show you "her" photo, you should know it is not me. I harbour a strong dislike for any sorts of cameras and any type of having my picture taken. In real life I am quite good-looking, but on photos I always manage to look my usual morning puffy-around-the-eyes,-swollen-cheeks,-minuscule,-barely-open-eyes-and-weird-hair worst.

So, fear not. You won't be seeing my photo as I deeply value my anonymity and I will remain as mysterious as ever. :) Doesn't it amuse you that I could be the girl who sits beside you in a bus (myself being a frequent user of this form of transportation) in the morning and you don't know?

P.S. Those of you, who do know who I am and have managed to find this blog through a mix of pure luck and instinct (as I have not told anyone but boyfriend about my blog), I would advise you to shut your mouth entirely on the subject of who I am or what my defining features are. Well, it's this or death in the most painful way possible. :)

Labels:

posted by Nadezhda | 09:22


9 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I obviously don't know you particularly well, but the whole thing did seem a bit out of character. But of course, April Fool's Day jokes must be somewhat unbelievable, because fooling people by saying something perfectly credible is too easy.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would advise you to shut your mouth entirely on the subject of who I am or what my defining features are. Well, it's this or death in the most painful way possible. :)
1. posses a secret of Nadezhdas's identity
2. blackmail
3. unfortunate accident

I'll start looking for nuclear bunker sales on eBay :>


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death by nuclear bomb is too quick to be particularly painful.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking more in the direction of covering my tracks. You know, laying low for a while, going through few plastic surgery procedures, changing my nick to DDfly, ...


Blogger Nadezhda said...

You made my day, guys! Thanks! :)

CCfly - I rather think I'll know where the secret leaked out if it does at all (and I'm hoping it does not) and if I figure out it was you, trust me, we'll get to know each other VERY, VERY well. :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it were a leather or latex bikini, "death in the most painful way possible" might be quite, how should I put it ... interesting. ;)

But alas you may put your worries to rest, I will not divulge you are a girl (150 +/- 50)cm tall, weighing (70 +/- 30)kg, flailing around with 2 +/-1 arms (5 +/-1 fingers each) and 2 +/-1 legs (5 +/-1 toes each). Your bite-marks can leave up to 32 +/- 5 impressions. Eye colour: (500 +/- 200)nm, hair colour: (500 +/- 200)nm.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

:))) This is indeed a very precise description of myself.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

By George, you look just like my grandmother!


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Yes, I do, don't I? :) I have progressed to the phase where I have to dye my hair to hide the grey steaks! :)




[ Post a Comment ]