Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back to normal - being a rambler

Because of popular demand (you could also say that I was using this as an excuse to make the second change in a few days) I'm changing the title back to its previous state. The reasons are two-fold: I like ramblings better myself, but am convinced it's rather too generic a title and I'll be thinking about more creative variations in the future; reviews is in a way even worse than ramblings. You could reasonably hide anything being a "rambling" but half of my posts could hardly ever qualify as reviews. So ramblings really describes the contents of this blog better.

The reason why I ever thought of changing was Jonas' post where he said that bloggers should post about things they really know and excel in and not just "what they ate for breakfast". (Why is it that when you say you write a personal blog, people immediately think you're writing about the kind of dreams you had last night or what you had for lunch?) Jonas made me decide that in order to attract readers who crave more serious subjects (perhaps reviews) I should change the title.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Think with your own head (like I always did and it turned out to be the only right thing to do) or as Zoran Predin would say: Ata, misli s svojo glavo. (Anybody who was not at his February concert will not find it amusing, but we double over with laughter every time).

P.S. It's business as normal from tomorrow on. I've three (2 books, 1 performance) more reviews to post and several personal posts. Stay tuned.

posted by Nadezhda | 09:50


4 Comments:


Blogger Lilit said...

A little late, but for what it's worth, I prefer ramblings.


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Yeah, I get your point, tess. Maybe that's what I wanted to say before, that my reviews don't feel "fully-blown" reviews. They're just a colection of thoughts I had. And thanks for stopping by!

Lilit: nobody liked reviews, so your statement hardly comes as a surprize. :)


Blogger Lilit said...

Actually, what I meant was that I prefer ramblings in the name.
Reviews I would like, if they weren't thaaaaaat long ;)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Yes, I meant that nobody liked random reviews, not the reviews I post here.

What can I say in my defence? I'm very verbose and when God was dealing out brevity in writing and talking he seemed to think I don't need any. Maybe it's lucky that because of time constraints I don't get to post more often! :)




[ Post a Comment ]