Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ten things about me

Having read the 100 things about me on Character Development, I thought it might be a fun thing to do. I don't have time (or imagination) to write 100 things, therefore I only present you with ten (perhaps) unusual things about myself.

1. I consume enormous amounts of chewing gum. Especially when I'm under pressure or am angry. If you're unsure which stocks to buy, I might suggest Wrigley's. The company's bound to make profit.

2. I hate waiting in a queue. An answer to never having to wait for anybody is to be a couple (usually not more than 5) minutes late. A time saver, this one.

3. My mission on Earth is to optimize and improve my performance so as to waste the minimal amount of time on chores and projects that really aren't that important. And to lessen the amount of wasted time. And to teach people to use a sheet of paper on both sides. And to get up earlier. But the latter is not merely a mission it's a mission impossible.

4. I don't want to get married. Something American women wouldn't understand.

5. I like to sleep in and believe this is the only reason I'm always behind schedule. I once calculated that I was exactly 30 days behind schedule - and that's 30 days of 12 hours worth of work a day.

6. I don't curse or use abusive language. The furthest I get is "shit". No F words in my vocabulary.

7. Several people thought I was British or at least spent a considerable amount of time there. Fact: I never was to United Kingdom, although I would dearly like to go.

8. My personal record at eating ice cream is 13 scoops (Thanks, Jure!) of ice cream in one go. By the time I reached the last one my tongue was almost frozen. And certainly it was less responsive to outside stimuli for several hours after that.

9. When faced with a problem or a question or a dilemma, my way of solving is to consult a book. At least that saved my parents the talking about "bees and flowers".

10. I read the complete, unabridged version of War and Peace by Tolstoy at 9 years of age. It's not that my parents were that ambitious, but rather that I had previously read Roald Dahl's Mathilda and was inspired by it. However, I hardly remember a thing about it; that is owing to the fact that the French portions of the book weren't translated into Slovenian and I skipped them. It doesn't need saying that I soon didn't understand anything at all. Later, I decided to learn French by myself so I could one day (hopefully) read the book again and actually understand it, but that impulse was of short duration.

Having completed this list I feel I could go on. But I'll save another 10 for next time.

posted by Nadezhda | 16:31


2 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

balls so jajca
scoops pa kepice (sladoleda)

:)


Blogger Nadezhda said...

Thanks. Will edit the entry.




[ Post a Comment ]